College of Dentistry in King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for health science has a goal of improving access to care for community. The college has a comprehensive curriculum includes a preclinical social sciences, behavioral management , and community projects. This is oriented towards preparing the students for effectively working within diverse communities. In order to maximize student learning and community benefit, it is critical that students enter the community with a mind-set and skills that allow them to be open to different cultures.
Engaging in community services provides students and interns with the opportunity to become active members of their community and has a lasting, positive impact on society at large. Community services enable students to acquire life skills and knowledge as well as provide a service to those who need it most.
College of Dentistry in King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for health science had developed Community Services committee which will monitor and conduct all community services activities. The college hosts several community programs providing direct dental services and oral health education to individuals including those with special health care needs.
VISION OF COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY
To achieve global recognition in oral health education with commitment to excellence in research, patient care, and community service.
GOALS OF THE D.M.D. PROGRAM
- To graduate competent dentists with abilities to treat patients based on best available scientific evidence, multidisciplinary approach, implement technological advances and utilize best clinical techniques in diagnosis and management of oral diseases.
- To graduate dentists who are inquisitive, learners for life, have the foundation to appraise and conduct scientific research and able to pursue postgraduate training.
- To graduate dentists that put patients and communities first.
- Ethical Behavior: honesty, respect, fairness and compassion
- Teamwork: collaboration and cooperation
- Accountability: exceeding the standards of accountability
- Transparency: acting with clarity
- Excellence: commitment to quality performance, innovation and creativity
Mission of the Dental Community Unit
The mission of the Dental Community Unit is to Encourage, coordinate, and Monitor activities and campaigns providing community services that promote oral health of society.
Vision of the Dental Community Unit
The vision of the Dental Community Unit is to achieve National recognition in oral health education with commitment to excellence in patient care and community service
Goals of the Dental Community Unit
- Provide culturally sensitive community oral health care, preventive education, professional training.
- Create access to high quality, affordable dental care for the community to improve their overall health in a convenient, caring, and respectful environment.
Objectives of the Dental Community Unit
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve the awareness of the community of oral and dental health
- Inform, educate, and empower local community about oral health issues.
- Develop local community partnerships.
- Organize oral health awareness campaigns for students, interns & faculty to serve community needs.
- Identify institutional resources directed towards Public engagement activities.
- Identify community members with highest needs for preventive and interceptive care.