World Oral Health Day is celebrated every year. It is an international day to celebrate the benefits of a healthy mouth and to promote worldwide awareness of the issues around oral health and the importance of oral hygiene to looking after everyone old and young.
The Dental Public Health Committee brings together group of dedicated dental professionals, health care providers and dental students to promote the benefits of good oral health to patients and their families, and caregivers, and elementary students and many others.
1. Oral Health observance began with school outreach program at the Princess Nora bint Abdul Rahman University on 6 April 2016, together with the Students of College of Dentistry, KSAU-HS
2. Distributed informative oral health pamphlets. These materials are great for children and their parents for instruction in proper caring of oral health.
3. Finale Oral Health Month Activity on 27-28 April 2016 at the KASCH Playroom Area.
4. Dental Assistants volunteers welcoming and entertaining patients with healthy mouth mask.
5. Students of the College of Dentistry, KSAU-HS, educating patients and parents how to maintain proper oral hygiene.
6. Demonstrate Fluoride application Fluoride Application is the delivery of fluoride to the teeth to protect them from dental caries (cavities).
7. Dental screening is important part of the preventive health care. Dental Students educating right diet and oral hygiene habits and demonstrating proper brushing and flossing techniques.
8. The oral health campaign is not only for health education, but also an interaction, fun and play with children. The committee conducted special promotional activities for patients, coloring books were distributed to children, mouth mask making, painting cast mold, and colorful washable tattoo making.
– Coloring Books
– Mouth mask making
– Washable paint tattoos that kids and parents love. They love to have their cheeks and arms with colorful designs
– Painting Cast Teeth Mold Activity
9. Health tooth photo booth all set and let the children smile.
The commitment and dedication of the Committee will assure to the public the campaign for oral health.
Thus, please mark your calendar for the upcoming event of the Dental Public Health Committee in joint effort with the Medical Protocol Department (MPD) in the “Smoking Cessation Campaign.”
The campaign will take place in the Protocol Tent – Gate No. 5 on the 29th of May until the 2nd of June, 2016, from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.