SPEAKER: Dr. Olivier Carcuac
TARGET GROUP: Periodontists (Residents/Faculty)
CATEGORY: Clinical Training
Dr. Olivier Carcuac
- DHA License, 09/2015-current.
- PhD, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 2009-2015.
- Specialist Training in Periodontology, Swedish Dental Service, Stockholm, Sweden, 2005-2008.
- med. Dent., University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 1998.
- Dentist, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France, 1992-1997.
- Current Position:
- Periodontist / Implantologist at My Dental Clinic, Al Thanya Road, Umm Suqeim, Dubai, UAE.
- Identify and diagnose mucogingival defects, to know why and when to proceed with treatment and what outcomes can be expected depending on the patients’ pre-surgical status.
- Learn treatment guidelines, protocols and key communication narratives to help their patients understand the value of healthy gums.
- Harvest sub-epithelial connective tissue, and perform different surgical techniques using autogenous graft or xenograft.
- Realize how quality and quantity of peri-implant soft tissues are the key elements when it comes to achieving aesthetic treatment outcomes.
- Learn all aspects of soft tissue management during the different phases of the implant treatment, how to preserve and/or create a natural soft tissue emergence profile.
- Perform a comprehensive examination of the peri-implant tissues, and to diagnose biological complications.
- Understand important differences between periodontitis and peri implantitis.
- Analyze the available literature on the prevalence of peri-implantitis and discuss about risk factors.
- Know the role of the dentist and the members of the dental team to maintain healthy peri-implant tissues.
- Apply an evidence-based, team-oriented approach of supportive therapy to ensure longevity of their implant treatments.
|08:30 – 9:00 AM||Registration|
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||Characteristics and treatment strategies|
|10:00 – 10:15 AM||Coffee Break|
|10:15 – 12:15 PM||Advanced surgical procedures|
|12:15 – 12:45 PM||Prayer Break|
|12:45 – 1:45 AM||Peri-implant soft tissue treatment strategies|
|1:45 – 2:45 PM||Peri-implant biological complications; Definition, prevalence, risk factors and prevention|
|2:45 – 3:45 PM||Peri-implant biological complications; Treatment strategies|