SPEAKER: Dr. Sally Al Yousef
TARGET GROUP: Residents
Dr. Sally Al Yousef
- Master of Science, Orthodontic Residency Program (MSc-Ortho CAGS) Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, U.S.A June, 1996- Sep, 1999.
- General Practice Residency (GPR), University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, USA June 1992- May, 1993.
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) University of Maryland at Baltimore, USA June, 1991- May, 1992.
- College of Dentistry, King Saud University, Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.), Saudi Arabia Aug 1983- June 1989.
- Current Position:
- Assistant Consultant, at KAMC- Riyadh, NGHA.
- Recognize the importance of interdisciplinary treatment planning among orthodontists, surgeons, periodontist, prosthodontists and restorative dentists to achieve optimal anterior and posterior dental esthetics and function.
- Describe how orthodontics can assist Surgeons, Prosthodontists and Restorative Dentists in realigning teeth to attain optimum restorations.
- Evaluate specific patient selection criteria and determine appropriate treatment plan and treatment plan alternatives.
- Learn definition of desirable characteristics of tooth shape and proportions.
- Describe gingival aesthetic characteristics.
- Explain what constitutes aesthetic teeth and gingival relationships.
- Identify where to orthodontically position/reposition existing teeth to satisfy functional requirements and achieve proper aesthetics in dental cases with missing and retained primary teeth.
- Understand the relationship of differential and continuous vertical jaw growth on the timing of implant placement.
- Describe how orthodontics can assist surgeons, prosthodontists and restorative dentists in developing aesthetically and functionally correct implant anterior and posterior implant sites.
- Determine timing for placement of the dental implants to avoid long term aesthetic and functional complications.
- Learn about different orthodontic and surgical ridge augmentation techniques.
|08:15-10:00 AM||Guidelines for managing the orthodontic-restorative patients|
|10:00-11:15 AM||Managing orthodontic candidates with periodontal problems|
|11:15-12:00 PM||Orthodontic-endodontic treatment planning for traumatized teeth|
|01:00-02:00 PM||Interdisciplinary management of single tooth implants|
|02:00-03:30 PM||Retention and retainers|
|03:30-04:30 PM||Interactive session: Cases treatment planning|