SPEAKER: Dr. Zeyad Alweher
TARGET GROUP: Hygienists Periodontists
Dr. Zeyad Alweher
- (BDS), Baghdad University, Iraq, 1987
- Swiss Dental Academy Trainer, Aug 2015
- Accreditation Canada Education Program Certificate, May 2017.
- Current Position:
- MOH, Dental Administration, Superintendent of Oral Health, School Oral Health Program. Supervisor of training courses, quality and store management, in addition to CME/CPD Officer.
- Review the relationship between biofilm and periodontal disease.
- Explain the difference between the old and new guidelines in guided biofilm therapy.
- Highlight the new technology used in current periodontics for children and adults.
- Discus the roll of “Eryrthritol- based powder” and its effectiveness in comparison to other materials such as sodium bicarbonate and glycine.
- Train the dentists on the new guidelines in biofilm therapy.
- Provide a sufficient knowledge about “Piezon” technology in contemporary dentistry and its effectiveness.
- Participants will be able to learn the correct ways of prophylaxis using the state of the art new technology.
|08:30 – 9:15 AM||Introduction to the new era of prophylaxis|
|09:15-10:15 AM||What is Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT)?|
|10:15-10:30 AM||Coffee Break|
|10:30 – 11:30 AM||What is prophylaxis today? And why it is time to change?|
|11:30 – 12:30 PM||The 8 steps of GBT|
|12:30 1:00 PM||Prayer Break|
|1:00 – 2:15 PM||Efficiency and safety of GBT protocol on hard and soft tissue & GBT treatment methodology|
|2:15 – 3:15 PM||PIEZON® ultrasonic technology (For supra and sub gingival calculus removal)|
|3:15 – 3:45 PM||Prayer Break|
|3:45 – 4:45 PM||Hands on Training on Air-Flow Master (EMS)|